Your child is destined to be a world-changer
Acton Salado helps Pre-K to 9th grade students discover and grow their unique strengths — because the world needs them.
What makes Acton Salado so different?
- Acton Salado uses the latest technology in a self-paced learning environment designed to foster responsibility, goal-setting, and teamwork. Acton students are empowered to thrive in a world that needs independent, motivated thinkers and learners.
- We believe children learn best by doing. Whether it’s launching a startup business, creating a tidepool habitat, playing a musical instrument, painting a mosaic, or programming a robot, Acton students are building real-life skills in the classroom every day.
- We believe the learning experience is much richer when the teacher (“Guide”) offers insightful questions and facilitates hands on learning. Guides use the Socratic method, always responding to students’ questions with new questions. This exchange hones students’ critical thinking skills.
- Acton Salado is “student led.” This means young people take ownership of their education and peer relationships. Acton students learn to think independently, take responsibility and embrace challenge. They are being prepared to bring their own unique genius to the world.
- We believe in the power of apprenticeships. Beginning in middle school, our students obtain summer internships in a field they are passionate about. Acton students have interned with doctors, entrepreneur bakers, plumbers, attorneys and graphic designers. What will your child choose?
- We encourage our students to develop personal virtues such as honesty, hard work, responsibility, kindness and empathy. Armed with purpose and good character, we believe our students will launch into adulthood prepared to find their calling and change the world.
Rethinking Education: Geniuses & Heroes
A TEDx talk by Jeff Sandefer, Acton Academy Co-founder.
Are you frustrated with the old, traditional educational model that teaches students to spit out facts and pass state-mandated tests?
Our Promise to You
Your Child Will:
- Begin a Hero’s Journey.
- Learn to be a curious, independent, lifelong learner.
- Develop a deep respect for economic, political and religious freedoms.
- Cherish the arts, wonders of the physical world and the mysteries of life on Earth.
- Discover his or her most precious gifts and learn to use them to solve difficult problems.